Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications division of Airbus in Finland is looking for a Local IT Operations Manager to join our company. You will join the enthusiastic and positive IM Team located in our site in Helsinki. Your main responsibility is to oversee technical IT infrastructure related aspects to ensure delivery of a reliable IT infrastructure that the company requires for business operations. You are part of the global IT organization and you will report locally to the IM Services Lead Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Within IM team you have a chance to participate in various missions with opportunity to grow. IM Management offers you a front seat inside Secure Land Communications worldwide organization working together with Central/Global IM and other supporting entities, having a common target to ensure good and stable IT environment for all our end users.
Your main tasks include:
- To analyze, specify and implement infrastructure changes and solutions that meet Airbus IT service and strategic objectives
- Provide operative onsite and remote support to end users across a company locations
- Local IT infrastructure change management and documentation based on related policies and procedures
- Daily maintenance and operation of data center level 3 services & systems (ensuring availability & performance):
- Data storage and backup
- Virtual infrastructure and servers (VMware)
- Data center management
- Daily operation of data backup & restore
- Installation & configuration of new systems and solutions
- Decommissioning of obsolete systems
Following skills are expected from you as a candidate for the position:
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in IT infrastructure, with similar tasks as mentioned above
- Comprehensive IT security knowledge and knowledge of IT infrastructures and technologies for workplace environments
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a challenging environment
- Customer and service-oriented mindset with good interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of ITIL Foundation
- Working in an international company requires fluency in English
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Information Technology Management or relevant field
- The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities
Succeeding in this job requires ability to generate new ideas to support value and business. We expect you to feel comfortable working proactively and autonomously as well as in teams. We value good people skills with eagerness to work in an international environment.
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by 21st September 2020. For further information, please contact Lead Manager, IM Services Airbus Defence and Space Oy, Tommi Litmanen +358 40 831 63 91.
Airbus is offering a truly international atmosphere. We operate within an industry that is crucial for common safety and you can therefore be able to find greater meaning in your work tasks. Many of our employees have been building long lasting careers with us. In addition, we offer a motivating bonus system and benefits supporting your work and well-being such as lunch benefit, sport & culture benefit, occupational health care and hobby clubs.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on: https://www.securelandcommunications.com/airbus-finland
Read more about what we do on: https://www.securelandcommunications.com