Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 320 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications division of Airbus is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Helsinki. The team is part of our Secure Land Communications organization. You will be part of team that has responsibility to oversee that tools are fulfilling the needs & strategy of our R&D organization.
You will work in international environment with latest technologies and in this role you will study, develop and maintain software development environments for various projects.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Adapt tools to support our agile SW development methodologies, Continuous Integration improvements and DevOps introduction
- Working as a team is important to us and big part of the role is to collaborate with colleagues in Airbus’ international sites or external consultants
- Continuous Integration and DevOps knowledge and skills, experience from modern automated CI pipelines
- Coding and scripting skills e.g. Python
- Linux and Windows OS skills
- Co-operation and communication skills
- English skills
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent from relevant field
What we can offer you
- Very important and unique role in secure land communications field
- A supportive work community where you are appreciated just the way you are
- Meaningful work within mission and business critical intelligence
- International work environment
- Motivate bonus system
- Benefits supporting your work such as lunch benefit, sport & culture benefit, occupational health care and hobby clubs, just few mentioned
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by 8thth March 2020. For further information, please contact Timo Kalkkila on +358 40 700 9728
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: