Senior Project Manager
R&D - Jyväskylä
Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 320 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications division of Airbus in Finland is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our PMO team in Jyväskylä. As a Senior Project Manager you will work in an international multi-site environment with product development projects. You will have a key position in working with products enabling the migration for the end-user, whether the products are applications for LTE or future technologies or hybrid solutions combining TETRA and LTE.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Manage a project and lead a project core team according to company processes and practices
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless execution of projects
- Ensure deliveries on time, cost, and quality
- Lead successfully and efficiently your teams
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Proven track record in project management, subcontracting management and people leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both with internal stakeholders and with customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Business skills, management budgeting and analysis
- Experience in using agile project management methodologies and tools
- University degree in electrical engineering, software or computer science
- Strong command of both written and spoken English language
- Willingness to travel
- Previous experience in hardware and software development for mobile devices and knowledge of TETRA and LTE solutions and products are highly appreciated
The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities.
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter in English via the link below by February 23rd 2020. We will start interviews as the applications arrive so please submit your application as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Katri Honkonen +358 50 384 3772 between 15.00 – 17 on Monday 3rd of Feb or Friday 7th of Feb, or on Monday 10th of Feb between 15.00-16.00.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: