Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 320 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications division of Airbus in Finland is looking for 3 Virtualization Designers to join our team in Helsinki.
Airbus in Finland is a high technology company in the field of critical communication. We support the work of real-life heroes such the public safety authorities like police and firefighters and infrastructure operators such as airports to do their job.
We are now about to deliver the second version of a virtualized, high availability solution for the world’s largest TETRA network, developed in close co-operation with Red Hat. We need virtualization designers to join our team of around 20 professionals with diverse backgrounds from security, Linux experts to telecommunications. The team also works closely with system architects and integrarion and verification engineers.
What will you do as a virtualization designer:
- You will participate the specification of our virtualization platform to host our TETRA services, and also different VNFs in Tetra system
- You will develop the platform installation and commissioning functions, as well as virtualized network functions by using Ansible playbooks, bash/Python scripts. All the functions are implemented with the consideration of upgrades and maintainability
- You will create Jenkins jobs for automated testing cases to ensure the implementations are aligned with the requirements
- You will provide instruction inputs for customer documentations and make design/implementation documents
- You will maintain all the functions which have been implemented and delivered to customers
You are a perfect fit to our team if:
- You have experience in Linux and virtualization, Ansible, and Robot Framework is a plus
- You have done Bash scripting and/or Python
- You have used of version control tools, e.g. GIT
- You are familiar with CI/CD with Jenkins
- You are used to Agile development - scrum master experience is huge plus
- You are passion towards learning new things and what is the most important
- You are a team player
What we can offer you
- Very important and unique role in secure land communications field
- A supportive work community where you are appreciated just the way you are
- Meaningful work within mission and business critical intelligence
- International work environment
- Motivate bonus system
- Benefits supporting your work such as lunch benefit, sport & culture benefit, occupational health care and hobby clubs, just few mentioned
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below. Send your application as soon as possible as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
For further information, please contact hiring manager Xiaolan Deng, +358 10 408 0358.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: