As a proven leader in the global aerospace sector, Airbus designs, produces and delivers innovative solutions with the aim to create a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world. These cutting-edge products and services – which span the commercial aircraft, helicopter, defence, security and space segments – benefit from our wide-ranging expertise and continued emphasis on innovation.
In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä. Most of our employees work in Secure Land Communications (SLC) business unit, which offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions, compliant with the highest standards of security and reliability, both for mission and business critical users. We help our customers in public safety organisations such as police, defence, fire & rescue, healthcare & hospitals, airports, transportation, oil & gas, and utilities, collaborate in a smart and secure manner. While offering hybrid solutions to support our customers on a smooth evolution path, we are playing an active role in shaping future communications and collaborations technology and setting the ground for new standards.
We are now looking for an Export Control Officer to join our team in Helsinki. As an Export Control Officer, you will lead and manage export control activities, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You will serve as the in-house senior expert and resource for all matters related to global trade compliance, operating on a global scale across our business Line of Secure Land Communications.
• Collaborate and proactively engage with various functional areas to ensure worldwide compliance with all relevant trade programs, export customs and sanctions laws and regulations, including ITAR, EAR, and liaise with relevant government authorities
• Stay updated on changes in relevant governmental trade regulations and legislation, implementing them in existing procedures and policies.
• Ensure uniformity and consistency in regulatory/trade compliance practices, complying with all relevant laws, regulations, and controls.
• Develop, implement, and update global internal procedures, programs, and work instructions related to customs, e2e export control processes, supply chain security and company directives and methods.
• Ensure an end-to-end export control process for dual-use items that allows permanent tracking of project export issues at any step of product development, preventing deficiencies that could cause delays, additional costs, or sanctions and fines.
• Administer license-related tasks, including record-keeping and sanctions.
• Provide ongoing advice, support, tools, training to relevant business functions, and manage customer requests
• Continuously improve export control function performance, including training and surveys.
•Support and coordinate supply chain activities (e.g., proper item classification (HTS/ECCN, etc.); security- AEO; government rulings for import and export products, assess dangerous goods with legal requirements, etc.)
• Prepare export control documentation for timely clearance.
• Conduct global trade compliance audits and follow up on results.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred, in the relevant fields such as Law, Political Science, International Affairs, Economics or Business.
• 8-10 years of relevant experience, including extensive knowledge of complex government export/import laws and regulations (e.g. US EAR, and EU regulations)
• Proficient in HTS and ECCN classification.
• Ability to stay updated on current and proposed legislation.
• Experience with dual-use regulations.
• Fluent in Finnish and English.
• Proactive initiator with excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation).
• Team player with strong leadership qualities and a willingness to lead.
• Creative and assertive.
• Ability to work independently, identifying and solving issues hands-on.
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
What we offer
We offer you the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development. Our employees have a tailored development plan to support their professional growth. We also have a wide range of remote training modules to ensure learning. In addition, we offer you e.g. comprehensive occupational healthcare, lunch and flex benefit and a supportive working community where you are appreciated just the way you are.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by September 30th 2023. Please note that we will screen applications as they come and start interviews before the application period ends.
For further information, please contact hiring manager on August 28th 15 - 17 and on August 29th 9 - 12 Gisele Nogueira +358 40 823 9391
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we in Secure Land Communications do on: