R&D - Helsinki
Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 320 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications division of Airbus in Finland is looking for an experienced System Architect to join our team of TETRA infrastructure System Architects in Helsinki.
As a System Architect you are responsible for functional and physical system architecture. The System Architect defines architectural principles (e.g. selection of methodologies, technologies and tools) prototypes, designs, models operational concepts and analyses results of possible simulations. The position also requires assessment of risk and opportunities, continuously contributing to the project risk register. The System Architect evaluates alternative designs and off-the-shelf system elements, and feasibility of technical solution. In addition system architects actively influence product road mapping.
The tasks you would perform as part of the team are challenging and varying; even when your responsibilities are in field of system level specification and research topics, you may be involved in complex problem solving cases on your technical domain(s).
We are looking for a candidate with:
- University degree in Engineering
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in the field of Systems Engineering and R&D activities
- Knowledge of technologies such as SDN, NFV, Cloud & Virtualization
- Competence on areas of cloud platforms and virtualization technologies such as; Red Hat, Vmware, Openstack, VMware VSAN, GlusterFS, CEPH, Ansible
- Previous expertise of running legacy systems on virtualized platforms is an advantage
- Experience in system level definition of functionality; creation of related requirements, system level documentation and necessary presentations
- Target oriented and collaborative
- Presentation and training skills including “let’s make this happen” attitude
- Good spoken and written English skills
As you work with leading edge technologies you have broad understanding of organizational needs and you actively drive development to success from various organizational aspects; development, delivery, field support capabilities (few to mention). We expect you to show technical leadership on areas which you are responsible for. You don’t hesitate to expand your knowledge and coach others on subjects that you are expert on.
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by August 19th. For further information, please contact hiring manager Jouni Kemppainen, +358 50 428 2030, best available after July 22nd .
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: