IT Architect & Integrator
As a proven leader in the global aerospace sector, Airbus designs, produces and delivers innovative solutions with the aim to create a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world. These cutting-edge products and services – which span the commercial aircraft, helicopter, defence, security and space segments – benefit from our wide-ranging expertise and continued emphasis on innovation.
In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä. Most of our employees work in Secure Land Communications (SLC) business unit, which offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions, compliant with the highest standards of security and reliability, both for mission and business critical users. We help our customers in public safety organisations such as police, defence, fire & rescue, healthcare & hospitals, airports, transportation, oil & gas, and utilities, collaborate in a smart and secure manner. While offering hybrid solutions to support our customers on a smooth evolution path, we are playing an active role in shaping future communications and collaborations technology and setting the ground for new standards.
We are looking for an IT Architect & Integrator in Helsinki or Jyväskylä.
Main role and responsibilities
Your overall mission: As part of a team dedicated to the Public Safety market segment, your key focus will be system deployment following DevOps principles for various environments for customers in the Public Safety environment.
Your detailed mission
- Develop automated software delivery processes as part of the DevOps Cloud Solutions team.
- Create future-proof system architectures for our highly interconnected 4G/5G communication solutions.
- Define competitive end-to-end solutions together with top experts from different teams in an international environment.
- Ensure that our solutions fit smoothly into our customers’ IT environments.
- As part of our dynamic and agile team, ensure robustness, performance and security aspects within the architecture design.
- On top, identify dependencies and drive technical requirements clarification with stakeholders across customers, Airbus and Tier1s to ensure a coherent end-to-end solution.
What we expect from you
- Proven experience (at least 3 years) in enterprise network technologies as well as experience working in complex IT environments.
- Sound understanding of virtualization techniques and hypervisor environments.
- Experience in scripting and DevOps tools and techniques such as GitLab CI, Ansible and Terraform. Knowledge in Kubernetes architectures is considered as a strong advantage.
- Strong system-level troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify and resolve high-level scalability and performance issues.
- Awareness of security threats and corresponding security know-how.
- Excellent communication skills to address needs and propose solutions towards customers and internal stakeholders.
- Experience in the Public Safety industry is an advantage.
Education & Soft skills
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in IT or Communications
- Strong customer orientation
- Creative mindset and strong problem solving skills
- Analytical by nature, highly organized and able to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player in a highly collaborative and fast-evolving international environment
- Fluent in English. Finnish skills appreciated but not necessary. Ability to communicate in French is a plus.
The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities.
What we offer
We offer you the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development. Our employees have a tailored development plan to support their professional growth. We also have a wide range of remote training modules to ensure learning. In addition, we offer you e.g. comprehensive occupational healthcare, lunch and flex benefit and a supportive working community where you are appreciated just the way you are.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation via the link below by April 9th 2023.
For further information, please contact Lukas Oefner +49 1725806097.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on:
Choose a workplace that offers truly meaningful work!
Secure our society: Airbus operates within an industry that is crucial for common safety. You are therefore able to find great meaning in your work tasks that help e.g. authorities to operate in a secure and collaborative way.
You’ll have an impact: due to the nature of our industry, our products need to be 100% secure. Everyone of our employees helps to ensure that.
Work with great, competent colleagues: our work community is truly international, flexible and very supportive. We take pride in working together. Airbus as a company employs 138 000 professionals. For us, it is highly important that our employees feel valued just the way they are.
Let us support you: we look out for each other and tackle problems together. Our supporting work community is something our employees value and appreciate. In addition, you’ll have comprehensive occupational healthcare team taking care of you as well as other benefits ensuring your wellbeing.
About Airbus Finland
Airbus Defence and Space Oy is part of Secure Land Communications Programme Line of Airbus Defence and Space. Secure Land Communications (SLC) develops, installs and maintains secure hybrid networks, professional and land mobile radio (PMR/LMR) networks and devices based on TETRA, Tetrapol and 4G / 5G technologies. We offer a wide range of radio solutions and devices for customers worldwide. The programme line employs nearly 1150 people in 17 countries.
IT Architect & Integrator
Loading application form
Already working at Airbus Finland?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.