Sales and Business Development - Helsinki
Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 320 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications business of Airbus in Finland is looking for a Bid Manager to join our company in Helsinki. You will join the positive and enthusiastic Bid team, working with customers in Europe, Russia, Africa and occasionally Middle East. Your main responsibility is preparing bids, managing the overall process of bids as well as leading the assigned bid team consisting of main stakeholders. You will report to the Head of Bid Management.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You have a chance to participate in various missions with opportunity to grow. Bid Management offers you a front seat inside Secure Land Communication worldwide working together with Sales and other supporting entities, having a common target to win business.
Your main tasks include:
• Manage bids for Tetra Infrastructure/Terminals, Broadband and IT projects in line with bid team assignments
• Managing assigned bid team of experts for services, technical, legal, finance and other stakeholders
• Follow proven bid process
• Create together with the bid and sales a winning technical and financial proposal
• Share best practices and information with all stakeholders
• Co-operate with sales teams and shape potential upcoming tenders
• Interact with our customers
• Maintain a good understanding of the product portfolio and solutions
Following skills are expected from you as a candidate for the position:
• Bachelor or Master's degree preferably in Business/Technical Studies
• 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in Sales, Sales Support, Bid Management or similar within IT/telecom
• Good understanding of agile methodologies
• Working in an international company requires fluency in English, Finnish and Swedish is considered as a plus
• Analytical approach, development oriented, positive and can-do attitude with strong communication and digital skills
• Readiness to travel
Succeeding in this job requires ability to generate new ideas to support value and business. We expect you to feel comfortable working proactively and autonomously as well as in teams. We value good interpersonal skills with eagerness to work in an international environment.
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by August 5 2019. For further information, please contact hiring manager Juha Laakso +358 40 648 6616 during week 27.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on: https://www.securelandcommunications.com/airbus-finland
Read more about what we do on: https://www.securelandcommunications.com