As a proven leader in the global aerospace sector, Airbus designs, produces and delivers innovative solutions with the aim to create a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world. These cutting-edge products and services – which span the commercial aircraft, helicopter, defence, security and space segments – benefit from our wide-ranging expertise and continued emphasis on innovation.
In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä. Most of our employees work in Secure Land Communications (SLC) business unit, which offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions, compliant with the highest standards of security and reliability, both for mission and business critical users. We help our customers in public safety organisations such as police, defence, fire & rescue, healthcare & hospitals, airports, transportation, oil & gas, and utilities, collaborate in a smart and secure manner. While offering hybrid solutions to support our customers on a smooth evolution path, we are playing an active role in shaping future communications and collaborations technology and setting the ground for new standards.
We are now looking for a Product Business Manager to join our application team in Finland (Helsinki or Jyväskylä) or France (Paris-Elancourt) office. Your responsibility is to drive the next generation Mission Critical platform software for both governmental markets and enterprise markets. This position is part of the central team for Airbus-SLC Product Management, and serving customers and markets all around the world.
In this position, you will be responsible for the product definition, gather and prioritize customer requirements to create winning products. You will define a clear vision that aligns with engineering team goals while keeping up-to-date on all developments essential to achieving the desired business outcomes. You should be obsessed with optimizing our Award-winning Mission-Critical Platform to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment.
You will use all sources available to analyze the market requirements and technical enablers will become second nature to you. You will work with teams of Associate Product Managers and Product Owners on development projects, defining features that will satisfy user needs while staying within budget constraints. You will also be responding to the expectations of regional sales teams and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities for this role also include:
- Manage backlog priorities to meet the market demand
- Oversee solution evolution requests
- Manage technical definition of the product evolutions with the R&D Product Owners, R&D Architects, external partners
- Set the functional and nonfunctional requirements to define the future of our product
- Collect end users and customers feedback
- Work with the product owner, care team, and other stakeholders to understand enabler features
- Support promotional attendance to: roadmap presentations and customer meetings
- Provide content for marketing materials (white papers, brochures, sales guides, marketing slide set, blog posts, etc.)
- Train sales team, Business Analysts and bid teams
- Support the bids: questions related to the solution, roadmap, roadmap commitments, and product presentation.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in Technology, ideally in IT and software development
- At least 3 years’ experience in software products and services business, preferably in product development or product management of large software solutions
- Industry experience in mission critical enterprise (i.e. Transportation, Utilities or governmental), mobile network operator business experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of software development process, cloud technologies, Agile/SAFe methods, smartphones, APIs and security measures
- Ability to look at the global picture, define a vision, and also to go into technical details with R&D teams
- Ability to work and interact on a daily basis across multiple teams : Product Management, Project Management, R&D architects, R&D Product Owner, external partners, customer support, bid & sales team
- Very good listening skills to understand feedback and market requirements
- Strong customer orientation and very good presentation skills
- Aptitude for business to make choices and take decisions focused on business impact
- Creative and analytical personality, strong team player
- Fluency in English.
The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish or French authorities.
What we offer
We offer you the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development. Our employees have a tailored development plan to support their professional growth. We also have a wide range of remote training modules to ensure learning. In addition, we offer you e.g. comprehensive occupational healthcare, lunch and flex benefit and a supportive working community where you are appreciated just the way you are.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation via the link below by December 5th 2022. For further information, please contact Camille Contant, Head of Applications & Security Cloud portfolio, +33 6 16 12 76 86.
Choose a workplace that offers truly meaningful work!
Secure our society: Airbus operates within an industry that is crucial for common safety. As we help e.g. authorities to perform in a secure and collaborative way, the work we do is meaningful for our society.
You’ll have an impact: due to the nature of our industry, our products need to be 100% secure. All our employees play a key role in making that happen.
Great colleagues: our work community is truly international, flexible, inclusive and very supportive. We take pride in working together and appreciate our employees just the way they are.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: