Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
We are now looking for a Project Manager to join our Project Management Office team in Helsinki office for a permanent position.
Main role and responsibilities
- Secure that the Development Project is delivered on time, on cost and on quality
- Lead our multi-skilled core-team and interact with linked stakeholders and other development projects to achieve defined targets
- Monitor and control the project execution and performance to detect deviations in order to take timely actions
- Execute risk management to have continuous mitigation actions in place.
What we expect from you
- High and positive energy to push things happen
- Strong project management skills
- Strong background in SW development including modern development models (e.g. SAFe, DevOps)
- Clear and efficient communication, negotiation and collaboration skills in an international environment where participants are from different organization levels (i.e. from Engineers to Top Management)
- Aptitude to create a positive atmosphere where people enjoy working together and they have a good drive and focus towards business and project targets
- Skills to participate in complex problem solving with R&D team
- Ability to secure that deliveries are done on time
- Capability to make fast and balanced decisions
- Ability to manage complex development setup with multiple interfaces.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and skills.
The position is permanent, will start as soon as possible and requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities.
What we offer
We offer you the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development. Our employees have a tailored development plan to support their professional growth. We also have a wide range of remote training modules to ensure learning. In addition, we offer you e.g. comprehensive occupational healthcare, lunch and flex benefit and a supportive working community where you are appreciated just the way you are.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation via the link below by Dec 31st 2022. For further information, please contact hiring manager Jukka Mattila tel.+358 50 310 5677.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: