As a proven leader in the global aerospace sector, Airbus designs, produces and delivers innovative solutions with the aim to create a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world. These cutting-edge products and services – which span the commercial aircraft, helicopter, defence, security and space segments – benefit from our wide-ranging expertise and continued emphasis on innovation.
In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä. Most of our employees work in Secure Land Communications (SLC) business unit, which offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions, compliant with the highest standards of security and reliability, both for mission and business critical users. We help our customers in public safety organisations such as police, defence, fire & rescue, healthcare & hospitals, airports, transportation, oil & gas, and utilities, collaborate in a smart and secure manner. While offering hybrid solutions to support our customers on a smooth evolution path, we are playing an active role in shaping future communications and collaborations technology and setting the ground for new standards. As the European leader, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries.
Our “Business Innovation & Demo Factory” team is looking for a Demo Project Manager. The team aims to ensure the excellence of the demo capabilities within SLC, as a powerful selling tool for the regions. The position is open in Helsinki (Finland).
The Demo Project Manager is responsible for managing demos, supporting Airbus SLC Sales & Marketing communities to capture and win new business. The Demo Project Manager is accountable with the support of Demo DevOps engineers to prepare and perform all demos, requested by different internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales & Marketing, Business Development, Business Analyst, Product Business Management, Engineering, Operations and Communications) and will therefore build a comprehensive understanding of how Airbus operates as an international key player.
Main tasks and accountabilities
- Manage and coordinate all demo requests received up to successful demo performance by coordinating all internal resources and actions
- Prepare and perform live, online, or recorded demos for marketing exhibitions or internal events also for SLC management
- Define and build complex demo scenario including broadband solutions (Wi-Fi, 4G, 5G), mobile smart applications (Android, IOS) and new technologies (IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Video Analytics, Drones)
- Train internal stakeholders to set up and perform demos for dedicated customers or partners
- Develop continuous learning methodology and demo solutions catalog to keep the sales community up-to-date
- Develop and maintain sufficient knowledge of SLC products and solutions portfolio and roadmap in order to propose the most relevant demo solutions/scenario and associated pitch
- Configure and use all demo assets (standalone/cloud-based applications, servers, laptops, smartphones, drones, cameras, routers, accessories…)
- Contribute to new innovations projects by developing associated demo solutions
Skills and qualifications needed
- Telecommunications, IT Engineering, or Business Management Master degree (or equivalent)
- Early career or 5 years’ experience with background in pre-sales and/or technical management role in Telecommunications / IT supplier, system integrator or network operator
- Strong active listening, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building trusted relationships with various stakeholders and performing presentation and demos also for the executive committee
- Understanding of project and change management
- Autonomous, structured and rigorous way of working
- Fluent in English to able to tailor key messages towards management and technical audience
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks and to adapt priorities based on business needs
- Creative, curious and innovative mindset with hunger to learn
- Positive attitude and willingness to support and coach others
In addition, we consider as beneficial if you have
- Understanding Critical Communications business and its specific needs in terms of e.g. security and reliability
This position requires monthly traveling worldwide.
What we offer
We offer you a permanent position with a start date as agreed. The position requires a basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities.
You will receive a front row seat to see how SLC business develops and you’ll build a strong international network of professionals while grasping the core of our business. The role offers an opportunity to work with different technologies and therefore a continuous development on both professional and personal level.
We offer you the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development. Our employees have a tailored development plan to support their professional growth. We also have a wide range of remote training modules to ensure learning. In addition, we offer you e.g. comprehensive occupational healthcare, lunch and flex benefit and a supportive working community where you are appreciated just the way you are.
How to apply?
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation via the link below by 28th of August.
For further information, please contact Nicolas LAFORET (firstname.lastname@example.org or +33685744706).
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: