Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
Are you looking for a new job opportunity in a truly international environment? Join us for an opportunity to develop/deepen your knowledge on critical communications.
Our Business Innovation & Demo team in Helsinki is looking for a Senior Demo Engineer. Senior Demo Engineer is responsible for supporting Airbus SLC Sales & Marketing communities to capture and win new business in existing and new territories. The Demo Engineer is in charge of the technical coordination of all demos or proof of concept for marketing, customer and/or internal events delivered by SLC, working closely with various SLC stakeholders from Business Development to Product Business Management, and Sales to Operations.
Main tasks and accountabilities
- Gather and assess customer operational use-cases and requirements in order to build new innovative demo solutions with support from Engineering and/or Operations
- Leading as technical lead complex demo solution architecture and setup including broadband network and mobile smart applications technologies
- Based on marketing & sales objectives, define demo technical requirements, operational parameters, integrate and validate 3rd
party solutions and setup end-to-end demo solution and scenario
- Perform live, online, or recorded demos for marketing exhibitions or internal events (C-level presentation)
- Setup, operate and maintain demo platforms (standalone and cloud-based solutions)
Skills and qualifications needed
- Telecommunication / IT System Engineering Master degree (or equivalent)
- Solid technical background with pre-sales experience. At least 10 years' experience in Telecom / IT systems integration or pre-sales engineering
- Good technical background in various technologies:
- Critical Communications Network Technologies (TETRA, MCPTT 3GPP)
- IT solutions such as Windows, Linux, Virtual Environment (VMware, KVM), Kubernetes, Docker, Active Directory, Information Security, EMM / MDM, Android / IOS
- Azure, AWS or other cloud platform technology
- LAN/WAN IP solutions and equipment such as CISCO solutions
- Artificial Intelligence, IoT or Video Analytics
In addition we are looking for an autonomous, structured and rigorous team player who is always eager to learn. Positive attitude and willingness to support and coach others will help you to succeed in this position. A fluent English language skill is a prerequisite due to the international environment. We are also expecting the selected candidate to have good communication skills in general since the role includes holding C-level presentations and demos, reporting and cooperating with various stakeholders.
This position requires regular travelling.
What we offer you
We operate within an industry that is crucial for common safety and therefore you can find greater meaning in your work tasks. You have a chance to work in a challenging position in a truly international environment, where we have customers in 80 countries globally and 29 different nationalities present at the office.
We offer you the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development. Our employees have a tailored development plan to support their professional growth. We also have a wide range of remote training modules to ensure learning. In addition, we offer you e.g. comprehensive occupational healthcare, lunch and flex benefit, recently renovated premises in Helsinki and a supportive working community where you are appreciated just the way you are.
Join us and apply
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary request via the link below by December 17th, 2021. Please note that we will start interviews as the applications arrive. For further information, please contact Imad Abbadi +358407042253 or Nicolas Laforet +33685744706.
The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities.
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: