Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
Are you ready for new challenges in an international environment? We are looking for a Test System SW Designer to our Helsinki or Jyväskylä office. You will join the New Product Introduction (NPI) team, and operate closely with R&D projects and production. As a Test System SW Designer you ensure our productivity by maintaining and developing applications and test system SW for mainly TETRA infrastructure and terminal business. You will implement, develop and support testing SW needs coming from R&D designers and production.
Main role and responsibilities
- Define the best and appropriate test strategy with R&D teams
- Manage test activities for PMR network and terminal products mainly with contract manufacturers
- Write tester specifications, scope of work for subcontractors, participate tester development
- Work closely with the Delivery Capability Managers for work package management tasks (budget, schedule, investments etc.)
- Co-operate with our R&D professionals and manufacturers’ teams for product integration: test, validation and verification
- Manufacturing failure rate analysis and actions implementation with contract manufacturers
Skills and qualifications needed
We are welcoming applications from young professionals as well as from professionals with few years’ experience of working with HW product testing. The position will be adjusted on the basis of your background and knowledge.
We do hope our new team member would have:
- Experience in manufacturing or close cooperation with production
- Knowledge and experience on C/C++
- Basic knowledge of Windows OS and Linux environments
- Basic project management skills, advanced skills considered beneficial
- Experience of electronics testing development (BB/RF testing, boundary scan technology) is seen as an advantage
- Experience on National Instruments Hardware and Software tools considered as an advantage (Labview/TestStand)
In addition, we are looking for a motivated candidate with positive attitude and willingness to learn and share findings with the team. A fluent English language skill is a prerequisite. Additionally, good communication and networking skills are needed since the role includes project working and co-operation with various parties. The selected candidate needs to express good decision making skills and be an efficient problem-solver. This position requires travelling (10-50 days a year).
What we can offer you
We operate within an industry that is crucial for common safety and therefore you can find greater meaning in your work tasks. You have a chance to work in a challenging position in a truly international environment, where we have customers in 80 countries globally. Our working community is characterized as supportive and you will be appreciated just the way you are. We offer the benefits of a large company as well as many opportunities for personal development and growth. If you looking for new challenges and want to deepen you knowledge and understanding of product testing and an international company’s operations, this is the place for you.
Join us and apply
To apply please send you CV, cover letter and salary request via the link below by October 31st. For further information, please contact hiring manager Ismo Mäenpää (+358 40 769 1400) on October 14th, or 21st between noon and 4 p.m.
The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities.
This position is permanent and it will start as agreed.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: