Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 370 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
Our Technical Sales Support & Demo team in Helsinki is looking for a Pre-Sales Demo Engineer. The Demo Engineer is responsible for supporting SLC Sales & Marketing communities to capture and win new business in existing and new territories. The Demo Engineer is in charge of the technical coordination of all demos, proof of concept and trials for marketing, customer and/or internal events delivered by SLC, working closely with various SLC stakeholders from Business Development to Product Business Management, and Sales to Operations.
Main tasks and accountabilities
- Collect customer operational user-cases and new demo requirements to build new innovative demo concepts with support from Engineering and/or Operations
- Maintain local demo equipment HW/SW configuration database
- Participating as technical lead on architecting complex Demo solution involving broad, system solution from cloud to edge to support pre and post-sales activities.
- Setup, operate and maintain demo platforms (standalone and cloud-based solutions)
- Define demo technical requirements, operational parameters, integrate and validate 3rd party solutions (SmarTWISP) and setup E2E demo solution
- Support TSS ( Technical Sales Support) and Channel Partner communities during demo execution
What we expect of you
- Telecommunication Engineering degree (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years' experience in Telecom / IT systems integration
- Prior AI, IoT / Embedded experience
- Ability to travel
- Azure or other cloud platform technical competency
- Good technical background in various technologies:
- Mission Critical Communications Technologies (TETRA, 3GPP)
- Data Analysis and Modeling
- IT environment and equipment such as Windows, Linux servers, Virtual Environment (VMware, KVM), Kubernetes, Docker, Active Directory, Information Security, EMM / MDM, Android / IOS
- LAN/WAN IP solutions and equipment such as CISCO solutions
We are looking for an autonomous, methodical and rigorous team member. Positive attitude and willingness to learn will help you to succeed in this position. A fluent English language skill is a prerequisite. Good communication skills are needed since the role includes holding presentations, reporting and cooperating with various stakeholders.
The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities.
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter and salary request via the link below by August 20th. Please note that we will start interviews as the applications arrive. For further information, please contact Imad Abbadi +358407042253 or Nicolas Laforet +33685744706.
Airbus offers a truly international atmosphere. We operate within an industry that is crucial for common safety and you can therefore be able to find greater meaning in your work tasks.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: